Our Teaching-Family Model Family
The skills and lessons of Smarter Parenting come from the Teaching-Family Model. The use of the Model is monitored by the Teaching-Family Association. They verify that agencies using this Model are doing so with the utmost fidelity to best practices.
The Teaching-Family Association holds an annual conference for agencies using this Model. This year the conference was held in Indianapolis, Indiana on November 16-18. Smarter Parenting presented the website and a brief preview of upcoming projects.
The debut of the following video explaining the Teaching-Family Model’s history and effectiveness was well received.
This video is also available in the Who We Are section.
Agencies that use the Teaching-Family Model are:
- Boystown. Boystown, Nebraska
- Closer to Home Community Services. Alberta, Canada
- The Children’s Home of Cincinnati. Cincinnati, Ohio
- Children’s Hope Alliance. Barium Springs, North Carolina
- Garfield Park Academy. Willingboro, New Jersey
- Hope Center for Children. Spartanburg, South Carolina
- Indiana Methodist United Children’s Home. Lebanon, Indiana
- Kenosha Human Development. Kenosha, Wisconsin
- Methodist Family Health. Little Rock, Arkansas
- Methodist Home for Children. Raleigh, North Carolina
- St. Aloysius. Cincinnati, Ohio
- Teaching Family Homes of Upper Michigan. Marquette, Michigan
- Tennessee Family Solutions. Nashville, Tennessee
- Thornwell Home for Children. Clinton, South Carolina
- West Tennessee Family Solutions. Bartlett, Tennessee
- Virginia Home for Boys and Girls. Henrico, Virginia
Smarter Parenting is proud to join these agencies and the wonderful work they do in helping children and families improve.
Visit the Teaching-Family Association website for more information about this model.